Wednesday, September 26, 2007

shoes

reflections on writing and living on

I miss conversations. You can have them in small towns, the context is so different that things like ideas are distant abstractions, not like oxygen or shoes as they are in the city. People speak in the city with minds made up. I learned far more from Lizard, the 19yr old dishwasher than from any professor or Neyworker article. That being said....
I have a six pack of heineken I am preparing to drink in a bathroom stall. I have money, enough to drink in a bar, but I wouldn't enjoy myself. I have a collared shirt on and my clothes are clean, but I still am going to drink in the bathroom. In the public bathroom I am surrounded by scrawling, ideas and lewd propositions... the things we wish we could say and be heard in day to day life. Cheers. I raise my beer to.

The book is taking a tragic course, it is being edited.

I am writing a screen play for and about a bottle of codeine.

My dog is dead and I love my wife.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home