Monday, July 23, 2007

yup yup

monday royalty

late on a monday night
we feel alive
and we know who we are
(so far).

these glances are paychecks (or gold).
these glances are pure peerage.
you are not my god
you are my bartender
which is beter.
beter than a real hand writen letter
(which is old like gold, but not Old Gold).

I miss big Nathen,
Paulette and Jet.
82nd avenue is
living on like an artery
and America’s old neglected roofs sag.
Somewhere distant
a medication soothes my mother
and my eyes shine.

The best thing about my mother
is I know often she thinks of me
and stiffles a shudder.

Somewhere distant
maybe they speak of us
with disgust
at least I hope so.

Late on a monday night
the titans of the service industry shine.
The future will be defined by us
and the undiscovered country
of the wait station.
We wait, we wait...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home