Saturday, March 10, 2007

poetry

In deffence of Bukowski

An asshole asked me why I hadn’t grown out of Bukowski. Simply because I haven’t yet grown out of Bukowski. I still go to work drunk, have been fired from several jobs in the last year and am estranged from my parents. I purchase pills from dishwashers, I drive drunk and I cry while driving to the grocery store. I have strange and kinky sex, then very little for weeks, I buy pills from dishwashers, I constantly plot leaving town, I masterbate at work, I feel bad for dying drunks and I can tell when someone is about to kill themselves. I purchase pills from dishwashers, I still go to work drunk and I haven’t yet grown out of Bukowski. Worst of all, I still read poetry. It was never somthing I was compelled to do inorder to graduate with a libral arts degree. Reading poetry is something I have done while waiting for buses all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home