Saturday, March 03, 2007

time time

Not that I care, or am even affected by any of it. Still.
The ugliest thing I've seen done to my generation is time stolen from us. We are like oysters in a farm, raised to shucked. We are sedentary, dependant on the baby boom for the meager jobs they wont do. The hypocrisy is the free spirit the baby boomers claimed to value.

I worked in a cafe once, It was supposed to be the 'cool,' place to work, but it was ugly. Once a cook beat his girlfriend on the clock and the owners didn't have the balls to confront him. It ended finally when he went to jail for statutory rape charges. All the while, every employee there thought they had some special lifestyle, when really they were wasting their early twenties. Ugly ugly. I see how it happened. Those kids with their young beautiful eyes dipping their toes in the pain of life when they tried to leave, then came running back to this terrible dank job and it's regularity. Ugly ugly.

I am not a special person, but somewhat antiquated in my attitude that I can leave any town, any state. The tragedy is I never forget these folks chained to the routine eroding the singularity and uniqueness of their brief lives.

I'm pulling up stakes again. My alcohol reeking circus of misspelled words and unruly pit bulls might be coming to a city near you.


P.S.

When you let James beat Liz on the clock
I thought surely this bull shit would stop
but then you tortured Darci...
your Dairy Queen hardly
ain't worth the effort to knock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home