Sunday, March 11, 2007

Entry Level Possition at 26

An entry level position
I am appliying for
has aplicants a decade younger than I
mouthing the words silently
on their aplications.
We train together,
one girl stares out the window
as the manager rambles.
My intuition
and wet eyed stiocism
intruige a girl with father issues
as we fold napkins.
A question is asked
I know the answer to
and I obstain.
A young man ansers
and somthing in him clicks.
He knows the work world
is his.
I wonder if anyone can see me shake.

As I sit at The Bridge Tender Bar,
boisterous youth pass by
the window.
One screams and pushes another
they laugh and continue down the street.

An old lady
stops smoking
to nod.
Thank god
I’m not sixteen.

The difference between me
the children
and the old woman
is little.
And I too nod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home