Monday, August 08, 2005

my second favorite song

Out in the street you can hear a sad wail
the man who was drinking was taken to jail
folk songs and liqour
just make the soul siker
and leave you with no cash for bail


jed was a carpenter who liked his gin
placed a bet bet he though he could win
ane was hooker all covered in scars
when she coughed she saw the stars
they danced to gether
in the bright lite
and were guiltless just for one night.

ane carried a baby for a half a year
jed stayed sober not even a beer
baby fell out as she clean the floor
dead as a door nail wont cry no more
jed took to drinken and bought a gun
shot ann twice but just took one

i went to the funeral wearing black
sang an elogy with out tact
bought mom some flowers and dad some lure
was over powered by jeds sisters alure
caught me the shivers wont live a year
thats why in drunk and sitten right here.

had me a job tending flowers
had me a job made five dollars
had me a job could pay my rent
had me a job that came and went
now im broke sad and a joke
cant remember the poems i spoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home