Sunday, July 13, 2008

childrens books

Fuck you too

‘Fuck you too,’
he said to no one
or me
or everyone
and no one.
They all had it coming.
No one
is his
kingdom.
A fish pole like a sword
he is
the king of the recession.
Fuck you too
a toast to and from
mighty men.
Alcohol
I recall
got me into this
and it might get me out of this
bad
bad feeling.
So he stinks
and I think
I may too,
so you fuck you too.
Kings of the recession
bid you
a fuck you too.





It’s better the fewer teeth you have
then when
you fall
outside some university
because your lost in thought
angry angry
thought
and everyone sees how poorly you’ve fared over the years
you can brush yourself off
and keep on walking
and not worry about your teeth.




Charlie Sweat Pants

who is old anymore?
if your alive you are obligated to be young
publicly
though there are those
who
publicly
are dead.
Can the dead be old?
Sweat pants are as timeless
as cool assholes
being young
and avoiding wal-mart
where the sweat pants are on sale.


The baby boom swath of infants
grinning through their gray ponytails
feel
their perpetual youth
entitles them to
perpetual youth.
Ask them what they ate today
if you want to waste the rest of the day.

I say this because
I am quiet and old
and these things may need to be told
should this era otherwise be judged
as all for naught.

I say this because
as much as we all talk
we don’t mean a word of it,
“I hate you.”


A Kids Book

So my best friend
went to the ER and told them he had nothing to live for.
He signed a consent form.
They gave him pills and a bed
for a while.
He got out
and the pills wore off
and he was broke
so he went back in.
This time they gave him more pills
and he made a collage about his feelings
in an art therapy class
which he consented to pay 250 dollars an hour for.
After he got out and the pills wore off
he realized he had nothing to live for.
He tried telling them the ‘bed pill art class’ thing wasn’t working
but they said he wasn’t qualified to say that.
He did the bed pill art class thing again,
got out and got a medical bill for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
“Man,” he said. “I have nothing to live for,” he said.
“Before I was just sad, “now I am in debt for the rest of my life,”
so this is what he does.
This is why he’s my best friend too,
he takes his last twenty to the bar and hits a few flushes on video poker,
meets up with some of the strippers he met at AA
bought some crack
drew with the crayons they give you at Denys and drank coffee with the strippers all night
and woke up the next morning feeling really bad but ahead forty bucks.


Art Is

art is a whore
who's attracted to money

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home