Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Blues

When I was fourteen I had guitar lessons in a shop under the Morison Bridge. I would drink 22's of mickeys at St. Fransis Park and practice because I worshiped my teacher like a hero and I wanted to impress him more than anything. Gary Fountain. Absolute hero of mine for ever. I had a walkman with me always then. I started listening to things like the Fugees, but Johny Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters quickly sucked me in. I remember walking to and from my lessons with my walkman blaring in my ears to those impromtu lyrics and over driven guitar riffs. The simple statements of emotion in the blues are concrete and much needed in this witty ironic annoying world. Fuck clever music, were all dying here.


Disregard the first song.





Sophy aint a trophy but she sure dance right
got a case and a fifth and and an old flash light
layen on the lawn, half gone, right on,
my song, my dog, my home, my love
the trailer park shuffle

me and Sophy, yeah they know so they throw me out
playen pool, bar stool, walk to drive through
begging chicken yeah they listen if we yell
and we get it and we do it and we shower when were through it
the trailer park shuffle

no debt. regret, white skin, disrespect
neighbor is Mexican, Texan best friend drug fiend
wanna stay, wanna move, wanna dry up, improve
don't ever wanna loose
the trailer park shuffle

The trailer park shuffle
and the pork chop stomp
I got what I need and do what I want
The trailer park shuffle
and the West Coast detox
I'm home where I am
and money never talks


Belly Sobs



Oh there’s nothing wrong
with feeling the way you do
No there’s nothing wrong
with feeling the way you do
even though nobody shows it
we all got shit we have to go through

buisness men and woman
break down and cry
lonely on the interstate
they got ugly they just can;t deny

smiling friends and socialites
sometimes just dont feel right
on there way home saturday night
they got a panic they just can’t fight

lay your head on me
breath deep and well watch tv
lay your head on me
be beter by tomorrow you’ll see.



interstate blues

Oh the interstate at rush hour
is like a masterpiece to me
all of us deep in prayer
like a religious ceremony

some slander on cell phones
most wont look at me
some look suicidal
some singing soulfully

i saw an ugly mess
pass by my cracked windshield
a man was hugging his wife
thanking some one he wasnt killed

I got the interstate banfield blues
and theres nothing on the radio
no-mater what station I choose
and the sun is setting so brilliantly
it just picken on me and maken worse these blues



Portland Oregon
(Where no bar tender can make a sloe gin fiz)


No Smoking
no pets
no credit score
or unsettled debts

No music
after nine
your security deposit
is really mine

No parking
no painting
no talking
while your waiting

references checked
income requirements
two units left
and twelve aplicants


no bills paid
no no garbage or sewer
don’t complain
you rneighbor gets fewer

the rent is going up
average wage is going down
and every where now is
the good side of town




Car lot Sales Man

Car lot
sales man
smoken swisher sweets
call him damn dan

he come in my station
he’s never patient
he needs lotto scratch-its
coffe and a pastry

i was getting robbed
and he came in
robber flinched
dam excused him

robber screamed
with a voice like thunder
your money and jewelry
hand it over

dan didn’t flinch
or budge an inch
ordered his coffee
and scratch its

I gave him his things
and his change
dam was deranged
and un fazed

when dan left my station
at gun point
I took the distraction
to blow that joint

out on the corner
I heard a cuss
I asked him what didja win?
he said not much

cops got the robbers
still prying the register
damn dad is my hero
for ever and ever



Nadine

Nadene don’t dance
or say much
sells me her pain pills
as we wait for the bus
82 avenue blues

Nadene has a cane
from when her man went insane
beat her senseless
and left for Maine
82 avenue blues

Nadene got spit on
for using the chair lift
slowed th e whole buss up
and made the traffic drift.
82 avenue blues

Nadene gets off
at the airport
then takes the train
somewhere North
82 avenue blues

one day while waiting
there was no Nadine
maybe she’s lucky
wont ride again
82avenue blues

now my comute is ugly
cause I’m so damn sober
I gatta cope with it all
when the day is over
82 avenue blues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home